Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick Girl--Updated

Well Izzy has been sick for the last 2 days. We had our first experience with a puking child and let me tell you....it was the worst! Poor kid got sick in her bed tuesday night about 8:30 and continued to puck/dry heave about ever 20 min's until just after midnight. I have never felt so helpless in all my life! She finally fell asleep in our bed about 1 and slept till 6. She took two naps yesterday and didnt' eat much but thankfully did not throw up either. Today she has just been so tired and laying around most of the day. She won't eat much, although she is drinking milk and juice (but wont' touch the pedilite) I think her stomach hurts because she will say boo boo and she has had bad gas. She will have moments of being a bit perky but it doesn't last for more than 10 mins and then she gets her blankies and comes and lays her head on my shoulders or sits on my lap.

So we are headed to the dr at 4 this afternoon and I hope they can tell me what is wrong. It could just be this is her on her way to recovery and she is so tired etc because she hasn't eaten much the lsat 2 days but who knows. I just hope they tell me something....

UPDATE-Okay we went from bad to worse this afternoon, she went from having just bad gas to writhing in pain from horrible stomach cramps to a diaharrea explosion once and the repeated about 30 mins later horrible cramps and then she pooped and puked on me at the same time!!!! Poor kid it was absolutly awful!!!!!! I have NEVER felt so helpless in all my life as she was in so much pain and there was nothing I could do!!!!

The good news is after the double explosion and she settled she was the best she was all day. By the time we got to the dr she was talking and acting much more normal. The dr said the diahrerea could last 2-3 more days and not to give her any dairy. I think this is what gave her all the problems yesterday, she had a bunch of milk in the morning and by the afternoon was really really sick. She slept great last night and was very happy to see grandma this morning (i have to work for at least a few hours) so hopefully today will be a better day!!! What a nightmare!!!

My poor girlfriend Amy who was at the mall with me with her daughter on Monday has had it almost worse I think. Her daughter has had horrible diarhrea since Wednesday and puked again this morning!!! This has got to be the worst stomach bug I have evern seen

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hope she is feeling better soon!