Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am lame

Izzy's birthday is Sunday. We have about 6 kids coming over(all neighbors) and their parents along with our families. I have no theme for the party, no activities planned, no goodie bags figured out...i am a lame mom!!

I keep asking Izzy what kind of party she wants and everytime it is a different answer...therefore I have done nothing. The only thing I know for sure is I am making cupcake cones for dessert! They are so cute. I am thinking about just frosting them to look like ice cream and then letting the kids put their own toppings on. (thinking sprinkles, m&m's, crushed oreo's etc) I tell my DH this adn you know what he says "who is going to be on clean up duty after that activitiy!" Seriously!!! Kids make messes, it is what they do ...BIG DEAL it is part of how they learn...way to suck out the little motivation/creativity I was feeling!

The party is from 12-2 and we are ordering pizza for lunch. I know I will pick up some balloons and some stuff for party favors but so far no good ideas. I am a total procrastinator and waiting till Friday when Izzy will be with Grandma to go shopping and get some supplies.

Urgh I hate being lame and uncreative...any ideas for me?

2 comments:

happymomof4 said...

Okay just off the top of my head a game you could play would be similar to pin the tail on the donkey excepting using the theme ice cream cones- put the cherry on the ice cream (make the ice cream sundae or cone out of poster board as well as the cherries). Or if you want a different theme I did a butterfly party for my daughter this past year. The two games we played were the Elefun game (you can get it at just about any store like tar.get; wallyworld etc...) they loved that game and played it several times. The other game I did was make leaves out of poster board and then they had to flutter around like butterflies while the music was playing- when it stopped they had to land on a leaf (Like musical chairs). As far as party favors: bubbles, necklaces; rings; stickers; curly straws, play dough (I try to stay away from candy but you can always throw in some suckers or something). Anyhoo I hope this is helpful. I LOVED you idea of the cupcake cones!!!! I used to make those for my classroom. Good Luck with everything and look forward to hearing all about it:)

Lani said...

Thanks for the ideas! I love the curly straw idea as one of the favors! I kinda like using ice cream as the theme as well. I bet they make an ice cream cone balloon. Thanks!!!